This year could not have gone by faster. What the even heck! I swear that we just rang in the new year a month ago! I had so many wonderful moments in 2018, getting to continue stretching myself as an artist and a person.
I am so grateful for all of my friends and family for their continuous love and support. Below I have compiled my top 18 moments of 2018! 🙂
Top 18 Events in 2018
- Celebrated my 23rd birthday in rehearsal for Frog & Toad, Spring Awakening, and then going out to dinner with Travis & the amazing MMT Apprentice Company
- Raised $280 on my birthday for The Trevor Project
- Boyfriend Travis & I celebrated one year together in June.
- Traveled to Europe for the first time: family vacation in Portugal- see the video blog here
- Saw 22 movies #RequiemMoviePass (Mary Poppins Returns, Crimes of Grindlewald, First Man, Mister Rogers, Ant-Man, Jurassic World, Incredibles II, Solo, Isle of Dogs, Tully, Avengers, Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Jumanji, Wrinkle In Time, Love Simon, Lady Bird, Winchester, Black Panther, Call Me By Your Name, Insidious, and The Post)
- Read 39 novels- see the list here
- Saw 17 theatrical productions, the majority at Mill Mountain Theatre and two on Broadway (Waitress & Once on This Island)! AND HAMILTON!
- Taught 256 students in the spring & fall semester, and in summer camps.
- Travis & I traveled Emerald Isle, North Carolina to our friend Sammy’s beach house
- Performed on stage in Spring Awakening (Otto) and A Simple Gift (Sam Cameron) at Mill Mountain Theatre
- Traveled to Los Angeles to see Travis’s production of Spring Awakening
- I was Pikachu along with my boyfriend Travis (Ash) and friend Michelle (Jessie- Team Rocket) for Halloween
- I voted in the midterm elections
- I directed ‘Shakespeare’s The Tempest’, ‘Auditions’ (Write Stuff!), and ‘A Year With Frog and Toad TYA’.
- I wrote Mother Goose Tales, a short play for young audiences, that also had its premiere in May at Mill Mountain Theatre in May of this year.
- I wrote 18 articles for BroadwayWorld, my blog, and The Ensemblist
- I went back to Shenandoah to speak on an Alumni Panel
- I continued meditating every day currently, my streak is on day 595